Fantasy Football DRAFT 2020 – 1st Overall Pick
This is a lingering and popular question people asked every single fantasy football season, and this upcoming season will be no different. One thing we have learned over the years is that the running back position is the position to be picked first overall. I speak about this in my fantasy football draft strategy. Which leads to the next question which is which running back is it? In this article, I answer the question and let you know who I believe should be considered the 1st overall draft pick for 2020. I have narrowed it down to the two studs Rb’s Saquon Barkley and Christian McCaffery.
One of these guys should be considered to be the first-overall pick in 2020. Let’s dive into the pluses and minuses of each player and determine a winner.
Saquon Barkley Fantasy Football 2020 Upside
- Can only go up from last year
- Ultra Athletic
- Has rapport built up with Daniel Jones
- Shown us he can perform at a high level
- Still finished top 10 in 2019, despite missing 3 games
So there is a ton of upside here for Saquon Barkley, and I really like his ceiling this upcoming fantasy football season. I believe the Giants do improve their o-line and get the ball to Barkley a lot. His physical talent and ability is literally second to none at the Rb position. Love the ceiling
Saquon Barkley Fantasy football 2020 Downside
- The signing of Dion Lewis could mean less volume
- Giants must improve the O-Line
- The Giants need a good wide receiver or two to take the pressure of Saquon
- Could see a lot of stacked boxes
Overall I think the pluses outweigh the minuses here. I love Barkley for 2020 fantasy football. I can’t let Dion Lewis be a buzzkill for me. I would never draft Dion Lewis and don’t even have him in my fantasy football rankings. Let’s move on to CMC.
Christian McCaffery Fantasy Football 2020 Upside
- He hs been bulletproof the past two years
- The focal part of that offense
- No committee that will affect his volume
- PPR machine
- TD machine
Hard to say anything bad about Christian McCaffery at this moment but he does have some flaws we must discuss.
Christian McCaffery Fantasy Football 2020 Downside
- New offensive system
- New QB
- What goes up must come down
- They will throw the ball more
- Last time an Rb finished on top in fantasy 2 years in a row back to back was Priest Holmes back in 2002.
Things change and what goes up must come down. I don’t believe CMC will end up on top again.
Who is the Winner?
When I draft a player first overall, my goal is that that player ends up finishing first overall and with the most points. I don’t see CMC doing that again this year. I like the ceiling and talent of Barkley and I feel he will prevail this upcoming 2020 fantasy football season. I choose Barkley! Now things may change from now until the 2020 season, but as of the time of the March 2020 article, I will go with Saquon.
Make sure you are subscribed to this #1 Fantasy Football Podcast to dominate your leagues.